- Pharmacist Specialist at the University of California at San Diego Health and Founder of Birth Control Pharmacist
- Pro to the question "Should birth control pills be available over the counter?"
“Over-the-counter access to the pill might sound revolutionary, but it is already available without a prescription in more than 100 countries. Women don’t need the oversight of healthcare providers to determine if and when they want to have children and they should have convenient access to the tools to help them make decisions about pregnancy effectively.”
“Opinion: California’s No-Prescription Birth Control Expands Access for Women,” timesofsandiego.com, June 20, 2018
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to reproductive health issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to reproductive health.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Advanced Practice Pharmacist and Founder, The Pharmacists Clinic, July 2016-present
- Founder, Birth Control Pharmacist, 2016-present
- Consultant, EmpoweRx, Apr. 2015-present
- Pharmacist Specialist, University of California at San Diego, Aug. 2012-present
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Health Sciences, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of California at San Diego, July 2012-present
- Consultant Pharmacist, Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, Mar. 2009-Aug. 2013
- Clinical Instructor, Health Sciences, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of California at San Diego, July 2008-June 2012
- Staff Pharmacist, University of California at San Diego, July 2009-July 2012
- Pharmacy Practice Resident, Acute Care, University of California at San Diego, July 2008-June 2009
- Pharmacist, CVS, July 2008-Dec. 2009
- PharmD, University of California at San Francisco, 2008
- BS, University of California at Irvine, 2004
- Twitter handle: @SallyRafie
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should birth control pills be available over the counter?